Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Gail’s Cornbread Dinner

I was talking with my friend Theresa the other day. She said after she had her first baby her mother in law came & stayed & helped out. While there her mother in law went grocery shopping & bought all this food Theresa had never made. It was then that Theresa realized that we all eat different things growing up & she should see what her husband liked as a child & start cooking some of those things for him. I guess I’ll have a head start for my daughter in laws with this blog Smile. This is a recipe my mother in law made all the time for my husband. It sounds a little different, but it seriously is sooo yummy. I love making this on cold days.

2 lbs hamburger

1 onion

1 green pepper

1 tsp chili powder

1 tsp oregano

2 tsp garlic salt

2 cans cream corn

1 pkg cornbread mix

shredded cheese

Brown hamburger with onion, pepper & spices. Put in 9X13 pan. Layer cream corn, then cheese on top of that. Mix cornbread as directed on package. Pour on top of cheese. Cook as directed on cornbread package. You may need to cook a little longer so the middle is cooked. I usually do about 3-5 minutes longer.

No comments: