Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Mom’s Cinnamon Treats

I’m pretty sure my mom will dis-own me if she ever read this blog, but the other day we ate at Costa Vida because my son had a free kids meal there. With the kids meal, they were given a “dessert” that was a tortilla covered in butter & cinnamon. It was so good & reminded me of something my mom used to make. So I emailed her & said, “Remember when we were kids & you made those yummy cinnamon triangle things that we loved? How did you make those or did I dream it up?”

Her reply, “You mean when I took the leftover pie crust & covered them in cinnamon sugar & baked them?” I had no idea… or at least I didn’t remember. So I made up some of Pioneer Woman’s Perfect Pie Crust and made them up for the kids. So easy, but I don’t think I got the measurements right for the cinnamon sugar (since I had no recipe) so next time I make these, I will look one up online & see if I can post it here for you. I just didn’t want to forget these.

You do roll the dough out thin like you would for pie crust & then just cut it into fun shapes for the kids & I think I just baked them on 350 for 8-10 minutes.

No comments: